Friday, May 8, 2009

Thou Shalt Write More Car Chases, and They Shalt Be Badass

Script note can be helpful, when given by someone who isn't a dumb-dumb...

1:52 PM Josh: How's the script coming? You figure out what you want to do with the next draft?
1:54 PM Jason: yeah I think i'm getting it
i'm about 40 pages out from a 2nd draft
then I think I'll go through one more time to stream line
trim exposition
1:55 PM Josh: yeah... I think you need more explosions, oh and zombie doctors who fight space mutants on acid. Or a love story.
those are my network notes
...
2:37 PM Jason: ok
I can do that
for sure
2:39 PM Josh: don't placate me Jason!
...

2:52 PM Jason: :(
...
3:06 PM Jason: I have actually had the thought
does a car chase need to go here
do I need a car chase
maybe a car chase is cliche
3:07 PM but this is an action movie, shouldn't one put IN CAR CHASES?
...
3:51 PM Jason: Is this car chase fast enough?
should one car explode?
3:54 PM Josh: those are all questions for the ages Jason.
...
4:01 PM Josh: The answer is unequivocally yes to all
4:02 PM Jason: thou shalt write car chases
and they shall be badass
...
4:33 PM Josh: does your script have any... dolphin dicks?
Jason: at the end
you realize
oh god
4:34 PM it was dolphin dick the whole time
Josh: Kaiser Dolphin Dick

No comments:

Post a Comment